Same discussion, before and after
[10:31]Ethan Lu:Uh, like, the compatibility layer — I think, um, we can really kill it. I mean, right now it takes up, uh, about thirty percent — thirty percent of our sprint capacity. That's way too much.
[10:33]Grace Gu:Hold on, hold on, so, what about legacy users? Um, what do we do? I mean, if they're still on the old API, uh, could sunsetting it just, um, break things?
[10:35]Ethan Lu:This, uh, the migration plan — Sam Tang's side, um, didn't they say last week it was already, like, ready?
[10:36]Sam Tang:Yes, yes, yes, the list on my end — uh, mostly confirmed. Just, fewer than fifty people, um, haven't given the final sign-off yet.
[10:38]Maya Shen: OK, then, um, let's lock it in, yeah, — starting with v2.4, the compatibility layer, uh, is no longer maintained. And that announcement — Sam, can you draft it?
↑ Struck-through parts are filler words and repetition filtered during cleanup. Raw transcript: 198 words, ~40% information density.
Sunsetting the legacy API compatibility layer
- Discussion
- Compatibility layer consumes ~30% of sprint capacity; proposed to retire it (Ethan Lu)
- Grace Gu raised legacy-user risk; Sam Tang confirmed the migration plan is ready, with fewer than 50 users left to confirm
- Decisions
- D-015 Retire the legacy API compatibility layer from v2.4 — no longer maintained (Decider: Maya Shen, 10:38)
- Action items
- A-032 Confirm the legacy-user migration list (Grace Gu, due Oct 19) A-033 Draft the compatibility-layer sunset announcement (Sam Tang, due Oct 20)
↑ Same discussion, cleaned up: filler removed, speakers attributed, decision numbered D-015, actions assigned A-032 / A-033.
Meeting Minutes
TL;DR — This meeting in 5 lines
- This meeting: reviewed v2.4 launch readiness, covered all 3 topics, 58 minutes total.
- 4 key decisions: launch delayed 2 days to Oct 22 (D-014); retire the legacy API compatibility layer (D-015); adopt the conservative 10% rollout plan (D-016); Q4 planning kickoff on Oct 30 (D-017).
- 6 new action items, all with named owners, 3 high-priority.
- 1 open item: sunset announcement wording needs Legal sign-off; Sam Tang to get feedback by Oct 19.
- Next meeting: Friday, Oct 23, 10:00 — launch retro + Q4 planning kickoff.
v2.4 launch readiness review
- Discussion
- Load-test P99 latency 820ms, missed the 500ms target (Ethan Lu)
- Regression pass rate 98.6%; 4 remaining P2 bugs are non-blocking (Alex Qiao)
- Launch checklist: 16 of 18 items complete (Maya Shen)
- Decisions
- D-014 Move the launch date from Oct 20 to Oct 22, reserving a 48-hour fix buffer (Decider: Maya Shen)
- Action items
- A-031 Deliver load-test report v2 (Ethan Lu, due Oct 18)
Sunsetting the legacy API compatibility layer
- Discussion
- Compatibility layer consumes ~30% of sprint capacity; proposed to retire it (Ethan Lu)
- Grace Gu raised legacy-user risk; Sam Tang confirmed the migration plan is ready, with fewer than 50 users left to confirm
- Rollout camps: 10% conservative (Alex Qiao) vs 30% aggressive (Sam Tang) — the conservative plan won to hedge sunset risk
- Decisions
-
D-015 Retire the legacy API compatibility layer from v2.4 — no longer maintained (Decider: Maya Shen)D-016 Adopt the 10% conservative rollout alongside the layer sunset to hedge risk (Decider: Maya Shen)
- Open items
- Open Sunset announcement wording needs Legal sign-off. Next step: Sam Tang secures Legal feedback by Oct 19; ships on schedule if uncontested.
- Action items
- A-032 Confirm migration list (Grace Gu, Oct 19) A-033 Draft sunset announcement (Sam Tang, Oct 20) A-034 Rollout risk assessment (Ethan Lu, Oct 18)
Q4 planning kickoff
- Discussion
- Each team submits Q4 goal drafts by Oct 25 (Maya Shen)
- The kickoff needs a half-day deep dive — schedule it separately (Grace Gu)
- Decisions
- D-017 Q4 planning kickoff on Friday, Oct 30, afternoon — all hands (Decider: Maya Shen)
- Action items
- A-035 Book the kickoff meeting room (Alex Qiao, Oct 21)
↑ Check a box to mark complete (demo interaction). In the real tracker, owners update their own status; 3 days overdue → DM reminder, 7 days → escalate to the facilitator.
Move the v2.4 launch date from Oct 20 to Oct 22
Rationale: Load-test P99 latency of 820ms missed the 500ms target; a 48-hour fix buffer is reserved.
Retire the legacy API compatibility layer — unmaintained from v2.4
Rationale: The layer consumes ~30% of sprint capacity; the legacy-user migration plan is ready.Concern noted: Grace Gu raised legacy-user risk → addressed via migration-list confirmation (A-032) + rollout hedge (D-016).
Adopt the 10% conservative rollout plan
Rationale: Runs alongside the compatibility-layer sunset, hedging risk with a conservative rollout.
Q4 planning kickoff: Friday, Oct 30, afternoon, all hands
Rationale: Each team needs a half-day deep dive — a separate slot beats squeezing it into the weekly.
Decision numbers (D-xxx) run continuously across meetings and are kept permanently; even reversals stay on record. The stamp means the decisions on this page were verified by the facilitator.